MKTG09028 2023 Digital Marketing
This module will equip the learner to build and develop essential skills to research, plan, implement, create and monitor effective digital tactics to deliver enhanced marketing activities
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
Critically examine the opportunities and challenges associated with digital and content marketing for business performance
Comprehend and explore the various digital media platforms available, their limitations, and best practice
Illustrate the critical role of web analytics involving the collection, measurement and analysis of data
Contribute to the development of new digital marketing techniques, ideas or approaches
Contribute to the development and design of new digital marketing content using industry specific software to produce marketing material
Teaching and Learning Strategies
Lecture will introduce the students to the theoretical aspects of Digital Marketing, and this learning will underpin their capacity to learn practical skills that will enable them to undertake effective analysis and communicate the findings.
Learners will gain hands-on experience in creating, editing, analysing, and reporting on marketing-related data.
Module Assessment Strategies
This module is 100% continuous assessment and will be assessed through a combination of individual and group projects. The students will be required to plan, research, capture, edit and publish digital content which would be at a level deemed suitable for commercial distribution.
Students who fail the module are only required to repeat the failed elements of their assessments.
1. Critically examine the opportunities and challenges associated with digital and content marketing for business performance
- Principles of Digital Marketing
- Content Marketing Concepts and Techniques
- Develop a digital marketing plan that will address common marketing challenges
2. Comprehend and explore the various digital media platforms available, their limitations and best practice
- Social Media Marketing
- Integrate marketing campaigns across SEO, Paid Search, Social, Mobile, Email, Display Media and Marketing Analytics including AI and neuro marketing
3. Illustrate the critical role of web analytics involving the collection, measurement and analysis of data
- Measuring digital marketing metrics
- Monitoring campaigns
- Employ AI in marketing campaigns
4. Contribute to the development of new digital marketing techniques, ideas or approaches
- Setting Strategy Objectives
- Digital Strategy Research - Audience research, Social Listening platforms
5. Contribute to the development and design of new digital marketing content using industry specific software to produce marketing material
- How to plan, capture, edit and publish both graphic and video content using PC and mobile applications
- Creating and editing promotional material which can be distributed digitally
- Creating and editing material to improve the appearance and ranking of web based material
- Apply design guidelines in relation to layout, fonts, colours, alignment, contrast, proximity and quality settings
Coursework & Assessment Breakdown
|Learning Outcomes Assessed
|Individual Content Creation
|Group Digital Marketing Strategy
Full Time Mode Workload
Online Learning Mode Workload
Required & Recommended Book List
2019-12-24 Adobe Photoshop Classroom in a Book Classroom in a Book (Adobe)
ISBN 0136447996 ISBN-13 9780136447993
"The official training workbook from Adobe."
2019 Digital Marketing Pearson Higher Education
ISBN 1292241578 ISBN-13 9781292241579
"I have used this book in all its editions since first publication with my undergraduate and postgraduate students. It is a core text for all the students, because it provides the detail they require at an academic level. Importantly it is a book for the practitioner to use too. This is why we use it on our postgraduate practitioner programmes - where we actually buy the book for the students as we believe it is that important. No other text comes close and literally thousands of our graduates have benefitted from it in their subsequent careers: written by the specialist for the specialist" David Edmundson-Bird Principal Lecturer in Digital Marketing Manchester Metropolitan University Digital Marketing provides the most comprehensive guide to all aspects of using the Internet, digital media and marketing technology to achieve the goals of integrated multichannel marketing. This streamlined seventh edition provides comprehensive, practical guidance on how companies can get the most out of digital media and technology to meet their marketing goals. Digital Marketing links marketing theory with practical business experience through case studies from cutting edge companies such as ASOS, Spotify, Zalando and Zappos, to help students understand digital marketing in the real world. To support this, new 'Essential Digital Skills' boxes give students guidance on how to develop key skills they will need in the workplace. Readers will learn best practice frameworks for developing a digital marketing strategy, plus success factors for key digital marketing techniques including search marketing, conversion optimisation and digital communications using social media including Twitter and Facebook.
2022-01-25 The Digital Marketing Handbook
ISBN 1398603392 ISBN-13 9781398603394
Produce engaging B2B and B2C digital campaigns that create impact with this essential guide to digital marketing, written by an industry leader to help marketers in their everyday practice.
Irish Marketing Review
Journal of Direct, Data and Digital Marketing Practice (Formerly Interactive Marketing)
Irish Times (Technology and Innovation sections