MGMT07025 2022 Operations Management 1
This subject aims to introduce students to the strategic role and objectives of operations management in both manufacturing and service organisations and to develop their understanding of the key decision areas and related techniques associated with the design of products/services, facilities and processes. Students will also be exposed to the areas of job design and process technologies which improve on key operations performance objectives.
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
Appraise the importance of the operations function in the organisation.
Classify the similarities and differences in the nature of the operation of manufacturing and service industries and assess the implications for the management of each sector.
Reconcile the source of operations strategy, it's impact on corporate requirements and its interrelationship to other functional strategies.
Describe and evaluate techniques used in the design of products/services and the processes that deliver them.
Compare and critically asses the key performance objectives of operations and the relative importance of each in meeting customer and stakeholder expectations.
Teaching and Learning Strategies
- Lectures and class discussion to develop an understanding of OM concepts and practices.
- Accessible course material such as lecture notes and supporting readings, case studies and video links available on Moodle.
- Active Learning applied in tutorials to discuss lecture material, industry developments and case studies.
- Company case studies to give students an understanding of the practice of OM in organisations.
- Flipped classroom in providing students with required reading material for classroom discussion.
- Group research project to to develop students' teamwork and research skill and to compare and critically assess the practice of OM in industry-leading organisations.
Module Assessment Strategies
MC Quizzes in weeks 4, 7, 10 and 13 to confirm readings are completed and understood
Final examination to confirm overall understanding of material covered
Repeat continuous assessment and/or final exam
Introduction to Operations Management
- The role of operations management
- The interrelationship between OM and other business functions
- Classifying operations types
- Operations contribution to organisational performance
- Operations and the stakeholder
- The performance objectives of operations
- Measuring operations performance
Operations Strategy and its relationship to business strategy
- The sources of operations strategy
- Aligning operations and organisational strategy
- Aligning performance objectives with customer segments
Design in Operations Management
- The impact of process design
- Classification of manufacturing and service types
- The impact of process type on the operation design and performance
- Process Mapping
Product/Services Design processes and techniques
- The importance of innovation
- Measuring innovation and reducing time to market
- The stages of product and service design
- Approaches to product and service development
Operations Networks Design
- Mapping the supply network
- Supply network configuration
- Location decisions for the supply network
- Balancing capacity in the supply network
Design of Layout and Flow
- Operations layout types
- Impact of layout on operations performance
- Line balancing in mass production
Process technologies in manufacturing and service organisations
- Definition and classification of process technologies
- Role and impact of process technologies in business
- Evaluation and implementing process technologies
Job Design & Work Organisation
- Role of OM in job design
- Impact and objectives of job design
- Job design influencers: work times, working environment and design of contemporary approaches
Coursework & Assessment Breakdown
|Title||Type||Form||Percent||Week||Learning Outcomes Assessed|
|1||Multiple Choice Computer based assessment||Coursework Assessment||Multiple Choice/Short Answer Test||40 %||OnGoing||2,4|
End of Semester / Year Assessment
|Title||Type||Form||Percent||Week||Learning Outcomes Assessed|
|1||Final Exam Written examination||Final Exam||Closed Book Exam||60 %||End of Term||1,2,3,4,5|
Full Time Mode Workload
|Tutorial||Flat Classroom||Active learning, practical case studies to stimulate discussion||1||Weekly||1.00|
|Independent Learning||Not Specified||Independent learning||3||Weekly||3.00|
Required & Recommended Book List
2019 Operations Management Pearson
ISBN 1292253967 ISBN-13 9781292253961
Were you looking for the book with access to MyOMLab? This product is the book alone, and does NOT come with access to MyOMLab. Buy "Operations Management with MyOMLab access card 7e" (ISBN 9780273776291) if you need access to the MyLab as well, and save money on this brilliant resource. Operations management is important, exciting, challenging ... and everywhere you look! - Important, because it enables organisations to provide services and products that we all need - Exciting, because it is central to constant changes in customer preference, networks of supply and demand, and developments in technology - Challenging, because solutions must be must be financially sound, resource- efficient, as well as environmentally and socially responsible - And everywhere, because in our daily lives, whether at work or at home, we all experience and manage processes and operations. 'Operations Management' focuses on the sustainable and socially responsible imperatives of operations management, using over 120 cases and illustrations of real-life operations around the world, including Apple, Medecins Sans Frontieres, Amazon, Ecover, Dyson, Disneyland Paris, Google, The North Face, and many more. Need extra support? This product is the book alone, and does NOT come with access to MyOMLab. This title can be supported by MyOMLab, an online homework and tutorial system which can be used by students for self-directed study or fully integrated into an instructor's course. You can benefit from MyOMLab at a reduced price by purchasing a pack containing a copy of the book and an access card for MyOMLab: "Operations Management with MyOMLab access card 6e" (ISBN 9780273776291). Alternatively, buy access to MyOMLab and the eText - an online version of the book - online at www.myomlab.com. For educator access, contact your Pearson Account Manager. To find out who your account manager is, visit www.pearsoned.co.uk/replocator
Alistair Brandon-Jones, 2016 Operations Management Pearson Education Limited
ISBN-10 1292098678, ISBN-13 9781292098678
Full text journals available on Library databases:
International Journal of Operations & Production Management
International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management
Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management
Supply Chain Management: An International Journal
Business Source Premier
Manufacturing & Service Operations Management
Production & Operations Management
Operations & Fulfillment
Supply Chain Management Review
Journal of Business Logistics