DIGT07010 2021 Social Media and Digital Marketing Planning
This module will equip learners with the skills required to build a professional Digital and Social Media Marketing plan. It considers the steps in developing a plan from situation analysis, objective setting, strategy, and tactic implementation, through to evaluation and control measures. It explores the ever-evolving role of digital and social media in consumer behaviour. The module exposes students to contemporary software and applications used to aid automation of the process while also addressing up to legal and ethics issues in digital marketing.
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
Analyse the steps involved in developing a digital marketing campaign.
Appraise the various applications and tools that are available to aid the automation and project management of digital marketing campaigns
Explore digital consumer behaviour
Explain digital marketing evaluation
Appraise legal and ethical considerations in the development digital marketing campaigns
Teaching and Learning Strategies
This module is designed for full time learners. The teaching and learning strategy includes interactive lecture and tutorials. Moodle is used as a repository.
Module Assessment Strategies
This module is assessed using 100% continuous assessment. Students will complete two projects over the duration of the module. Presentation of findings will also be used to assess learning.
Students will have an opportunity to resubmit failed elements of the continuous assessment.
1. Analyse the steps involved in developing a digital marketing campaign.
- Analysis of popular marketing planning frameworks such as SOSTAC which involves: situation analysis, objective setting, strategy, content marketing, tactic implementation, evaluation and control.
- Cognisance of how key marketing theory is integrated into the overall planning process
2. Appraise the various applications and tools that are available to aid the automation and project management of digital marketing campaigns
- Assess an overview of automation applications (e.g. Hootsuite, Hubspot and Mailchimp)
- Application of project management applications (e.g. Asana and Trello)
3. Explore Digital Consumer Behaviour
- Separate traditional versus digital consumers
- Analyse the variables for segmentation and their execution in marketing
- Explain the influence of digital and social media marketing on consumer decision making
4. Explain Digital Marketing Evaluation
- Identify how web and social media analytics interlink to facilitate marketing decision making
- Communicate the importance of creating an evaluation plan for digital and social media marketing campaigns
- Evaluate data driven digital marketing techniques including: Remarketing, Targeted Advertising and Influencer marketing
5. Appraise legal and ethical considerations in the development digital marketing campaigns
- Analyse the role of data protection and compliance within digital marketing including ethical considerations.
- Demonstrate understanding of copyright regulations and their relevance to digital marketing
- Comprehend Control issues in relation to user generated content and defamation online
- Cognisance of Advertising Standards Authority for Ireland: (ASAI) - governance of advertising and competitions online
Coursework & Assessment Breakdown
|Learning Outcomes Assessed
|Digital Marketing Audit
|Digital Marketing Campaign Plan
|End of Semester
|End of Semester
Full Time Mode Workload
Required & Recommended Book List
2016-01-07 Social Media Marketing: A Strategic Approach Cengage Learning
ISBN 9781305502758 ISBN-13 1305502752
Todays readers can prepare for a successful career in social media marketing or a related field with the unique emphasis found only in SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING: A STRATEGIC APPROACH, 2E. Each chapter in this popular book includes a section on creating a personal brand, which is useful at any stage of career development. This edition emphasizes how to use social media techniques, detailed in the book, to develop and maintain a strong personal brand. Helpful discussions address a full range of online and offline elements for creating a viable personal branding strategy. Readers learn how to use graphical concepts to structure and strategize within what is otherwise a chaotic social media milieu. This edition highlights many of todays best practices for marketing on social media platforms to assist readers in functioning most effectively and dealing with the rapid change that is a hallmark of social media. Important Notice: Media content referenced within the product description or the product text may not be available in the ebook version.
2018-02-06 The SOSTAC Guide to Your Perfect Digital Marketing Plan
ISBN 0956106854 ISBN-13 9780956106858
2019 Edition (V5) of PR Smith's popular SOSTAC (r) planning system shows how to write the perfect plan and can be learned in 3 minutes. The SOSTAC Guide to your Perfect Digital Marketing Plan, can be skimmed in 30 minutes and digested in detail in 3 hours. The new edition integrates digital developments such as AI, Big Data, IoT, Marketing Automation with brief mentions of VR and AR. So it's bang up to date. The SOSTAC(r) planning system was voted in the Top 3 Marketing Models worldwide by voters in the Chartered Institute Of Marketing's Centenary Poll. SOSTAC(r) has since been adopted by Linkedin, KPMG, Greenpeace and many more bluechips and start-ups. The entire book is written in easily digestible chunks so readers can dip in and out. Who can use this book? The book is aimed at anyone involved in digital marketing, or marketing, or just interested in digital marketing. Readers can see how it all fits together. More advanced marketers use it as a 'dip in & out' (e.g. the digital marketing strategy chapter), while less experienced marketers benefit from all six chapters and the many links to cutting-edge websites, digital tools and videos. The 6 Chapters: Situation Analysis (where are we now?)Objectives (where are we going?)Strategy (how do we get there?Tactics (details of strategy incl. marketing mix)Action (checklists, guides, systems & internal marketing)Control (how do we know if we are going to get there?)Who is the author?PR Smith is the co-author of the hugely influential 'Digital Marketing Excellence' (with Dave Chaffey) and several other marketing books including the best -selling Marketing Communications text going into its 7th ed this year. This new SOSTAC(r) Guide has achieved more than 3,000 pre-sales. The book is now also available from Amazon, iBooks, other networks or www.PRSmith.org/sostac . There is a free Kindle app which allows readers to enjoy this eBook on any mobile, iPad or laptop in addition to a kindle. What Experts Say About This Book "Although most businesses are now doing digital marketing, nearly half don't have a plan - that's shocking! SOSTAC(r) gives you an awesomely simple framework to put that right." Dave Chaffey, CEO Smart Insights"A really good easy-to-follow guide" Ged Carroll, Digital Director VP Europe, RacePoint Global'This is essential reading and an invaluable reference guide for any marketer who needs to create impressive, persuasive and effective digital marketing plans.' IDM SOSTAC(r) Certified Planners online portal is now open for those that want to become SOSTAC(r) Certified Planners. Visit https: //www.SOSTAC.org to register, download manuals drawn from these books and take the online, open-book, multiple choice case study assessment. Upon reaching 60% + the applicant receives a SOSTAC(r) Certified Planner certificate. See http: //www.PRSmith.org/SOSTAC for more or just go directly to https: //www.SOSTAC.org
- Hubspot Help Centre
- Google Skillshop
- Google Analytics Help Centre
- McKinsey Quarterly
- Harvard Business Review