DIGT07004 2022 Digital Content & Analysis
This module will equip the students with the necessary skills to create, edit and publish digital content. The students will also be able to analysis both business and sports performance data and present the results in an appropriate manner.
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
Capture, record, edit and publish digital content which can be published across a range of digital and social platforms.
Capture, analyse and present sports performance data through a number of different mediums including video.
Differentiate the various requirements and restrictions when publishing content on digital platforms.
Capture, analyse and present business relevant data using industry standard software.
Teaching and Learning Strategies
The necessary tools will be demonstrated during the practical class and combining with best practise to highlight the key components and how to achieve the best results. The students will be allowed to work on project material during class time and are encouraged to experiment and develop their knowledge of the system/tools.
Module Assessment Strategies
The students will be assessed through a small number of projects. These will combine elements of the practical material together. This module is 100% continuous assessment.
The student will be expected to repeat any failed elements if they fail overall
Video Editing (LO 1, 2, 3)
- Record/capture visual content
- Editing the Audio/Visual material and producing a finished item which can be published digitally
- Understand the process of video creation
- Conduct video analysis in a sporting context
Graphics (LO 1, 3)
- Create, edit and publish digital content which can published to various platform including social networks
- Understand the process of creating graphic material including design guidelines
- Display data in a meaningful way (eg infographics)
Sports Performance Analysis (LO 2)
- Identify and critique the various sports analytical solutions available for both teams and individual sports.
- Use sport performance analysis software to examine, critique and develop strategic solutions for team based sports.
- Capture and critical analysis individual movement and technique.
- Use analysis software to analyse video material
- Understanding the role of technology in a sporting context
Excel/Power BI (LO 4)
- Understand the tools and functions necessary to analyse data and display the results
- Capturing and editing data into appropriate formats
- Input, export and manipulation of data formats
- Visualisation of data to inform effective decision making in both sporting and businesses contexts
Digital Content Publishing (LO 3)
- Understand the various tools, platforms, social networks available to help promote/market a business or event
- Ensure compliance with data protection and legal issues pertaining to the digital environment
Coursework & Assessment Breakdown
|Title||Type||Form||Percent||Week||Learning Outcomes Assessed|
|1||Excel/Power BI Analysis||Project||Individual Project||40 %||Week 8||2,4|
|2||Digital Content||Project||Individual Project||40 %||Week 11||1,3|
|3||Sports Performance Analysis||Project||Group Project||20 %||Week 13||2|
Full Time Mode Workload
|Laboratory Practical||Computer Laboratory||Practical Lab||4||Weekly||4.00|
|Independent Learning||Not Specified||Self-directed learning||4||Weekly||4.00|
Required & Recommended Book List
2021-09-30 Microsoft Power BI Cookbook - Second Edition
ISBN 1801813043 ISBN-13 9781801813044
Build effective analytical data models, reports, and dashboards using the advanced features of Power BI Key Features: Updated with new recipes on query optimization, aggregation tables, Power BI API, and paginated reports Work with recipes across diverse Power BI platforms including the Power BI Service and Mobile Applications Implement custom solutions with M and DAX languages through actionable guidance and proven development techniques Book Description: Microsoft Power BI is a leading business intelligence and data analytics platform that provides tools and services for deriving insights from data. With revised practical recipes, Microsoft Power BI Cookbook, Second Edition helps you navigate Power BI tools and their advanced features. It also demonstrates the use of end-to-end solutions that integrate those features to get the most out of Power BI. This cookbook provides advanced design and development tips, and guidance on enhancing existing Power BI projects. The updated edition enables you to implement evergreen frameworks that will stay relevant as Power BI updates. Get familiar with Power BI development tools and services by going deep into the data connectivity, transformation, modeling, visualization, and analytical capabilities of Power BI. Microsoft Power BI Cookbook, Second Edition enables Power BI's functional programming languages of DAX and M to come alive and deliver powerful solutions to common business intelligence challenges. What You Will Learn: Cleanse, stage, and integrate your data sources with Power Query (M) Remove data complexities and provide users with intuitive, self-service BI capabilities Build business logic and analysis into your solutions via the DAX programming language and dashboard-ready calculations Implement aggregation tables to accelerate query performance over large data sources Create and integrate paginated reports Understand the differences and implications of DirectQuery, live connections, Import, and Composite model datasets Integrate other Microsoft data tools into your Power BI solution Who this book is for: This book is for BI professionals who wish to enhance their knowledge of Power BI and the value of the Power BI solutions they deliver to business users. Those who are looking at quick solutions to common problems while using Power BI will also find this book to be an extremely useful resource. Familiarity with Power BI and working with datasets is essential. This book is not for beginners.
www.youtube.com - video editing and analysis tutorials and sample material
Linkedin Learn network - Power BI courses and certification