DIGT06015 2021 Digital Content
The module will equip the learner with the practical skills to research, plan, create and publish a variety of digital content using popular PC and mobile applications using accepted design guidelines. This content can be published to a number of popular social and digital platforms and created in line with marketing goals/objectives.
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
Plan and research how to create digital content
Apply accepted design guidelines for content creation
Create graphic and video content using a number of popular PC and mobile applications
Understand the constraints (including legal) and requirements to create and publish content in a digital environment
Teaching and Learning Strategies
This module is 100% continuous assessment. The students will work individually and in groups to complete digital content to a standard which could be used commercially.
Module Assessment Strategies
This module is 100% continuous assessment and will be assessed through a combination of individual and group projects. The students will be required to plan, research, capture, edit and publish digital content which would be at a level deemed suitable for commercial distribution.
Students who fail the module are only required to repeat the failed elements of their assessments.
1. Research the digital content published by a number of local and national companies highlighting best practise.
- Compare the types of content, amount of engagement and frequency of content across a number of established digital platforms.
- Understand idea generation and the formation of digital content
2. Identify the various formats and constraints (including legal issues) of creating and publishing digital content.
- Identify the various graphic and video formats, quality and dimension settings.
- Understand the constraints and requirements for popular social, email, blog and video streaming sites.
3. Create digital content including graph and video based material using popular PC and mobile applications.
- How to plan, capture and record material suitable for digital consumption.
- How to edit and publish both graph and video content using both PC and mobile applications.
4. Apply design guidelines in the creation of digital content.
- Apply recognised design guidelines in relation to layout, fonts, images, colours, alignment, contrast, proximity and quality settings.
Coursework & Assessment Breakdown
|Title||Type||Form||Percent||Week||Learning Outcomes Assessed|
|1||Digital Content review||Project||Group Project||20 %||Week 5||1|
|2||Promotional graphic||Project||Individual Project||40 %||Week 7||1,2,3,4|
|3||Video project||Project||Group Project||40 %||End of Semester||1,2,3,4|
Full Time Mode Workload
|Supervision||Computer Laboratory||Computer Practical||3||Weekly||3.00|
|Independent Learning||Not Specified||Independent Learning||4||Weekly||4.00|
Required & Recommended Book List
2019-12-24 Adobe Photoshop Classroom in a Book Classroom in a Book (Adobe)
ISBN 0136447996 ISBN-13 9780136447993
"The official training workbook from Adobe."
2020-02-28 Adobe Premiere Pro Classroom in a Book Adobe Press
ISBN 0136602207 ISBN-13 9780136602200
Creative professionals seeking the fastest, easiest, most comprehensive way to learn Adobe Premiere Pro choose Adobe Premiere Pro Classroom in a Book (2020 release) from Adobe Press. The 17 project-based lessons in this book show students step-by-step the key techniques for working in Premiere Pro. Students learn skills to take a project from beginning to end, including the basics on things like organizing media, using audio, creating transitions, producing titles, and adding effects. Once they have the basics down, they'll learn how to take their projects further by sweetening and mixing audio, compositing layered footage, adjusting color, customizing motion graphics, exporting files, and much more. The companion DVD (also available as an online download) includes lesson files so students can work step-by-step along with the book. All buyers of the book also get full access to the Web Edition: a Web-based version of the complete eBook enhanced with video and multiple-choice quizzes.
- Youtube tutorials
- Hubspot resources
- Paint 3D
- Filmora App
- Canva App