DIGT06014 2022 Digital & Social Media Planning
This module will equip the learner with the necessary skills to plan, research, implement, record, analysis and control a digital marketing campaign delivered across a number of digital platforms encompassing legal and ethical considerations while incorporating popular management applications.
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
Examine the stages involved in developing a digital marketing campaign.
Apply correct legal and ethical considerations to the development digital marketing campaigns.
Identify digital audience and market segments.
Evaluate the various applications and tools that are available to aid the automation and project management of digital marketing campaigns.
Teaching and Learning Strategies
This module is designed for blended learning. It will be assessed using 100% continuous assessment.
The teaching and learning strategy includes interactive lectures. Moodle is used as a repository.
Module Assessment Strategies
This module is assessed using 100% continuous assessment. Students will complete two projects over the duration of the module. The student can fail an assessment and still pass if their overall mark is a pass grade.
1. Social Media Competitor Audit 30%
2. Digital & Social Media Plan 70%
Students will have an opportunity to resubmit failed elements of the continuous assessment if they fail the module.
1. Examine the stages involved in developing a digital marketing campaign;
- Using popular planning frameworks such as SOSTAC, STP, 4P's etc,
- Examine the opportunities presented by social selling and identify best practice,
- Understand the role of email marketing and the benefits associated with it.
2. Apply correct legal and ethical considerations to the development digital marketing campaigns;
- Examine the role of data protection and compliance within digital marketing including ethical considerations,
- Control issues in relation to user generated content and defamation online,
- Advertising Standards Authority for Ireland: (ASAI) - governance of advertising and competitions online.
3. Identify digital audience and market segments;
- Traditional versus digital audiences,
- Segmentation types.
4. Evaluate the various applications and tools that are available to aid the automation and project management of digital marketing campaigns;
- Overview of automation applications (e.g. Hootesuite, HubSpot and Mailchimp),
- Project management applications (e.g. Asana and Trello).
Coursework & Assessment Breakdown
|Title||Type||Form||Percent||Week||Learning Outcomes Assessed|
|1||Digital/Social Plan||Project||Project||70 %||End of Semester||1,2,3,4|
|2||Social Media Competitor Audit||Project||Individual Project||30 %||Week 6||1,3,4|
Online Learning Mode Workload
|Online Lecture||Online||Online lecture||1.25||Weekly||1.25|
|Independent Learning||Online||Independent Learning||6||Weekly||6.00|