DIGT06013 2022 Content Creation
The module will equip the learner with the practical skills to research, plan, create and publish a various of digital content using popular PC and mobile applications using accepted design guidelines. The learner will review digital content to monitor trends and identify best practice. They will understand the role of creativity and basic design guidelines plus how best to plan and apply these to digital content creation. Finally the learner will explore the various social and digital platforms available and how best to publish and promote digital content across these platforms.
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
Plan and research how to create digital content.
Apply accepted design guidelines for content creation.
Create graphic and video content using a number of popular PC and mobile applications.
Publish digital material to a number of sources including blogs, social media and email platforms.
Teaching and Learning Strategies
This module is designed for blended learning. It will be assessed using 100% continuous assessment.
The teaching and learning strategy includes interactive lectures. Moodle is used as a repository.
Module Assessment Strategies
This module is assessed using 100% continuous assessment. Students will complete two projects over the duration of the module. The student is not required to pass both assessments, they can fail either and still pass if they obtain an overall pass mark.
1. Social Media Content Audit 30%
2. Content Creation 70%
Students will have an opportunity to resubmit failed elements of the continuous assessment if they fail overall.
1. Plan and Research how to create digital content;
- Research the digital content published by a number of local and national companies highlighting best practise,
- Compare the types of content, amount of engagement and frequency of content across a number of established digital platforms.
2. Apply accepted design guidelines for content creation;
- Identify the various formats and constraints of creating and publishing digital content,
- Identify the various graphic and video formats, quality and dimension settings and requirements for publishing to popular social, email, blog and video streaming sites.
3. Create graphic and video content using a number of popular PC and mobile applications;
- How to create conversational content for different platforms utilising the correct tone of voice,
- Create relevant and interesting digital content which will resonance with the target audience,
- How to plan, capture, edit and publish both graphic and video content using PC and mobile applications.
4. Publish digital material to a number of sources including blogs, social media and email platforms;
- Apply design guidelines in the creation of digital content,
- Apply recognised design guidelines in relation to layout, fonts, images, colours, alignment, contrast, proximity and quality settings,
- Deliver digital content which can be distributed within the constraints of the various digital and social platforms including formats, dimensions, file sizes and compatibility.
Coursework & Assessment Breakdown
|Title||Type||Form||Percent||Week||Learning Outcomes Assessed|
|1||Social Media Content Audit||Continuous Assessment||Assessment||30 %||Week 6||1|
|2||Content Creation||Continuous Assessment||Assessment||70 %||End of Semester||1,2,3,4|
Online Learning Mode Workload
|Online Lecture||Online||Online Lecture||1.25||Weekly||1.25|
|Independent Learning||Online||Independent Learning||6||Weekly||6.00|
- YouTube tutorials
- HitFilm Express
- Paint 3D
- Filmora App
- Canva App
- VLLO video editing app